It is important to give thanks in all things, but especially important to give thanks after a day which you hope will never be repeated.
So here are a few things from our day to be thankful for.
1. I am thankful that we have multiple bathrooms and are no longer living in a one bathroom home.
2. I am thankful that this is the first time that Hubby and I both got the stomach bug at the same time – within just minutes apart (see #1).
3. I am thankful that Plum was the only other one to get sick so far (so we had enough bathrooms for all the sick people at the height of the illness and the other ones were sleeping).
4. I am thankful that the MIBG scan is not scheduled until next week. Hopefully this will give plenty of time for the virus to run its course in our family.
5. I am thankful that my Mom was coming into town today for some errands. She was able to drop by a box of chicken noodle soup, Gatorade, toilet paper, plus bring some lunch over for the kids who were not sick.
6. Generally we prefer that if Hubby and I both have to get sick that it will be at different times so that the sick one can have time to rest and recover. But since we are having so many doctor appointments lately and his time to take off is quickly dwindling, we are thankful that we were both sick at the same time which enabled us to switch off resting and caring for the kids, but prevents him (hopefully) from having to take more than one day off for illness.
7. I am thankful that since we watch very little T.V./movies, our kids were thrilled to sit in front of it for a while this morning while Hubby and I tried to pull ourselves from the bed.