Hello there! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee. Or is it tea that you like better? I would love to chat for a spell with you. My name is Shala, pronounced “Shayla.” God has been so tenderly gracious to me. And oh so patient. I would love to share some of the things that He has done and is doing in my life. He has blessed me with 5 girls and 1 boy to tenderly nurture and raise for His glory. Days around here are anything but calm, but He is always teaching and growing me.
Why HomeSweetGrown, you ask? Well, I believe that home should be a safe place for planting, growing, and cultivating godly characteristics.
I desire to see my marriage nurtured and continue to grow. I have a heart to see my children grow to love Jesus in our sweet home so that they may go forth in walk in loving obedience with Him. I hope that our home will be a place where people, both those in our family, and outside of our family grow to hunger the sweet Home in Heaven that Jesus is going to prepare for His chosen people.
Here at HomeSweetGrown.com, my aim is to encourage others to love Jesus more by being authentic with readers about the challenges, failures, and victories – all of which are working together for the good of those who love Him, and for His glory. I will share tips that work for my household, funny happenings, homeschool ideas, and resources that I have found to be helpful.
A few random things about me.
1. I love dark chocolate. I eat some almost every night.
2. I have an adventurous side to me that is seldom nurtured.
3. Hubby proposed to me in college while playing a massive game of hiding seek with friends.
4. As a child, along with my siblings, we bottle fed a piglet, Nosey Rosey April, that my dad rescued from being eaten by her mother.
5. A good book is a cozy retreat.
7. As a child I would mount my horse by putting my knee in the stirrup and then pulling up. I miss riding horses.
8. I never imagined my self being a homeschooling mom, having a large family, or driving a big van. But that is what God had for us.
9. I married a city boy…..and our worlds clash sometimes.
10. Some of my favorite memories as a child are of doing gymnastic stunts on the upper bars of our stock trailer.
11. I was named after a shoe store.
12. I love to learn. I’d love to study to be a naturopathic doctor, chiropractor, chef, or perhaps interior designer.
13. I have a degree in Elementary Education.
14. I taught preschool in public school system for 1 year. I’ve been teaching it for 10 years in my home to my kids.
15. I love antiques.